CrowdStrike Environmental Statement
Our Commitment To Minimizing Our Footprint
As a global leader in cybersecurity, CrowdStrike takes our mission—to stop breaches—seriously. Our commitment to protecting our customers and communities means we’re also dedicated to doing our part to protect the planet and helping preserve our world for future generations. We have a responsibility to the people and businesses we support to invest in sustainable programs and initiatives that help secure the future of our world.
CrowdStrike’s commitment to the planet is to:
● Minimize our overall impact on the environment, with the goal of being carbon neutral by 2030.
● Continue to promote a remote-first culture and healthy work/life balance and reduce our environmental footprint by reducing long commutes and the impact that comes with operating big offices.
● Educate, empower and inspire our people to take tangible steps to live more sustainably and minimize their individual footprints.
● Prefer green building best practices in new construction and build-outs of office facilities.
● Provide sustainable work environments that promote the conservation of natural resources through energy and water efficiency, source material reduction, material reuse and recycling.
● Identify and measure the most material environmental impacts of our operations.
● Consider environmental considerations into strategic planning for all CrowdStrike Data Centers, including prioritizing vendors that use green power.
● Establish targets to reduce our environmental impact and strive for continuous improvement.
● Working with www.carbonfund.org to reduce our business travel footprint by providing funds to offset our flights.
● Meet or exceed all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
CrowdStrike Data Centers
We have focused our efforts for CrowdStrike data centers with environmental considerations in mind. We have chosen locations with more sustainable power with a lower carbon footprint. We also have chosen servers whenever possible with lower power demands and we adjust power to our servers based on demand to minimize energy utilized. We are working to systematize our metrics and reporting to ensure we are following best practice so we can measure this repeatedly over time. We are working to integrate environmental considerations into strategic planning for all CrowdStrike Data Centers, including prioritizing vendors that use green power. In fiscal 2022, we took new steps to make progress on our goal to be carbon neutral by 2030 by commissioning new customers to data centers with a reduced environmental footprint.
Collective Environmental Action
CrowdStrike empowers our employees to raise ideas and suggestions on how to be more environmentally friendly and we take them all seriously. In 2019 we created a dedicated Green Team and allocated resources to programs that aim to educate, inspire and empower our people around sustainability and to identify, recommend and help implement specific practices and solutions to help CrowdStrike operate in more environmentally sustainable ways.
Internal initiatives include:
● Sustainable facilities updates like adding bulk snack items, having washable utensils and dishware, and transitioning away from single-use plastic bottle drinks to refillable drink stations
● Expert speaker series with climate change activists
● Regular “green” challenges for employees
● Quarterly Green Team Newsletter