CrowdStrike Introduces World’s First XDR for IoT Offering to Deliver Comprehensive Protection to Internet of Things Assets
Market leader becomes first and only security company to bring prevention, detection and response capabilities to IoT and OT endpoints
According to Gartner®, “by 2025, 70% of asset-intensive organizations will have converged their security functions across both enterprise and operational environments.” With the convergence of IT and OT, there is a need for security teams to secure critical infrastructure systems, however, traditional IT security solutions don’t interoperate with XIoT assets, lack context for effective threat prevention and detection and disrupt operations. By collecting and leveraging asset-specific context to drive tailored XIoT threat prevention policy and high-fidelity detection, CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT enables secure OT digital transformation and mitigates operationally crippling threats without disrupting operations.
Additionally, CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT delivers:
- Powerful XIoT threat detection to reduce risk: Significantly improve business continuity by identifying threats – like ransomware and malicious project file modifications – by leveraging asset-specific context such as device type, OS version, protocols and more.
- Tailored threat prevention without compromising uptime: Stop threats at the source with CrowdStrike’s world-class AI-based threat prevention. Custom policy recommendations for XIoT assets empowers organizations to limit system burden and easily manage sensor updates.
- Rapid, proven response for hard-to-patch assets: Rapidly contain threats with integrated response actions, such as host/process containment and USB device control that minimizes operational disruptions.
- Interoperability with mission-critical XIoT assets: CrowdStrike’s single, lightweight agent is rigorously tested and validated by leading ICS vendors for simplified deployment, interoperability and safety on mission-critical XIoT assets.
- Deep integrations with
CrowdStrike Allianceand XIoT partners: Supercharge protection, detection and response with robust integrations from CrowdStrike Alliancepartners, such as Claroty, in a unified console.
“With the acceleration of OT digital transformation, organizations are struggling to address security challenges including stopping sophisticated attacks and dealing with operational complexity in securing XIoT assets in Industrial Control Systems (ICS) networks," said Michael Sentonas, president of
CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT is generally available for customers.
- For more information on CrowdStrike Falcon Insight for IoT, please visit the website.
Gartner, Market Guide for Operational Technology Security,
Powered by the CrowdStrike Security Cloud and world-class AI, the CrowdStrike Falcon® platform leverages real-time indicators of attack, threat intelligence, evolving adversary tradecraft and enriched telemetry from across the enterprise to deliver hyper-accurate detections, automated protection and remediation, elite threat hunting and prioritized observability of vulnerabilities.
Purpose-built in the cloud with a single lightweight-agent architecture, the Falcon platform delivers rapid and scalable deployment, superior protection and performance, reduced complexity and immediate time-to-value.
Learn more: https://www.crowdstrike.com/
Follow us: Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram
Start a free trial today: https://www.crowdstrike.com/free-trial-guide/
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230411005426/en/